Bond Set for ‘Southern Charm’ star Thomas Ravenel

LIVE 5

CHARLESTON, SC (WCSC) - A judge set bond for “Southern Charm” star Thomas Ravenel Tuesday afternoon.

Ravenel faces a charge of second degree assault and battery and was booked at 10:11 a.m. into the Al Cannon Detention Center.

The judge set a $20,000 personal recognizance bond for Ravenel, meaning he will not have to pay money to get out of jail. The judge also ordered Ravenel to surrender his passport, stay in South Carolina and to avoid contact with the alleged victim.

An affidavit states the charge stems from an incident on Jan. 25, 2015, when Ravenel allegedly assaulted a victim who was working as a nanny.

The victim told investigators Ravenel undressed and made sexual advances, grabbing her and then attempting to undress her as well.

The accuser appeared at the hearing Tuesday, claiming the incident was more than an assault; she claimed it was rape. The accuser said she had no idea Ravenel would be arrested Tuesday.

She said Ravenel’s kids and hers were “exposed to constant alcohol and drugs.”

Investigators say they have photographs taken of injuries to her neck and chest and say the photographs were “appropriately time-stamped." They also corroborated the incident date and location through employment records of the victim and Ravenel, the affidavit states.

Ravenel will not return to reality show

Bravo confirmed Tuesday afternoon that Ravenel will not return to “Southern Charm” as a cast member next season.

He had previously tweeted earlier this year that he was quitting the Bravo reality show. As of August, he was also under investigation for an alleged rape.

A former state treasurer elected in 2006, he then resigned in 2007 when he pled guilty to a cocaine possession charge.

 

title

Content Goes Here