Can you believe we are already into May?!
As spring 2018 continues to move along, this first week of May is jam packed with many happenings in the greater Charleston area. It all begins Thursday night with Little Big Town at the North Charleston Coliseum, Friday marks May the Fourth be with you, Saturday is Cinco De Mayo, and we can't forget Sunday Funday at the Riverdogs!
Cinco De Mayo is not taken lightly here in Charleston, many local businesses have fun festivities planned for this years celebrations! Lots of local restaurants are offering awesome specials along with a bar crawl downtown, and of course the 13th Annual Charleston Cinco De Mayo Festival.
We have done the research for you and complied the ultimate list of this years hot spots to get your Cinco De Mayo partying on in the Lowcountry!
13th Annual Charleston Cinco De Mayo Festival
One of the biggest Cinco De Mayo celebrations in South Carolina brought to you by Hoffman Law Firm. This years 13th Annual Charleston Cinco De Mayo Festival is Saturday May 5th from 7-11 pm at the Charleston Visitors Center Bus Shed. The event provides an opportunity for Charleston residents to experience Hispanic food, dance, and music.
Cinco De Mayo on King Bar Crawl
What a better way to celebrate Cinco De Mayo than a bar crawl in downtown Charleston! In honor of Mexico's defeat of Napoleans army back in 1862, crawlers will visit several of the favorite bars in the Upper King area while enjoying copious amounts of Bud Light, Absolut Vodka, Malibu Rum, Altos Margaritas and Angry Orchard Rosé. Grab your sombrero, poncho, and your favorite bar crawl buddies as and get ready to pay homage to our neighbors to the south.
On Saturday, May 5th Workshop Charleston is celebrating their 1st anniversary with a plethora of festivities and Cinco de Mayo themed specials throughout the day. Along with their typical Saturday Farmers Market they are setting up a jump castle, craft table, face painting and piñatas for family fun from 11 am to 3 pm.
From 1 pm to 4 pm, enjoy live music in the courtyard with food and drink specials including but not limited to:
- $5 Tamarind Margaritas at Sambar
- $2/ slice Margarita pizza at Slice Co.
- $5 Banh Mi Tacos at Pink Bellies
- Mexican Mango Bellinis & half price bottles of sparkling wine at Merrow's Garden Bar
- $5 Margaritas & Red Chile Enchilada plate at Juan Luis
This event is FREE to the public.
Both Charleston Taco Boy locations, Folly Beach and Downtown just released a new menu and are ready to fiesta Saturday for Cinco De Mayo! This Saturday, you can look forward to DJ Trevor D at the downtown location from 12 pm to 3 pm and again from 5 pm to 9 pm. There will be no cover charge.
LG's by the Creek
It's Cinco De Mayo - food and drink specials galore. LG's by the Creek in Hanahan will have live music starting at 9 pm with High 5!
Some of the food & drink specials include:
- $5 Patron
- $3 Margaritas
- $2.50 Coronas & Corona Light
- $1.75 Soft Tacos
- $1.00 Hard Tacos
Not only is this day is a national holiday in Mexico but for most here in Charleston SC, Cinco De Mayo 2018 is a day to party and celebrate with friends! Here are 4 more locations hosting Cinco De Mayo festivities this year!
- Cinco De Mayo at Red's Ice House on Shem Creek Stop by Red's this Saturday for waterside Cinco De Mayo celebrations! Starting at 1 pm Red's is offering great drink specials including: $4.50 Modelo, Pacifica, Corona, Corona Light, and $6 Jalapeno Margs, YUM! DJ Rdot will be playing as well!
- Keep Calm and Fiesta On! King Street Grille at Northwoods Mall is hosting a Cinco De Mayo Celebration this year starting at 10 pm with two DJ's providing music all night till 2 am! Specials include: $2 Vodka, $4 Espolon, and $10 buckets of Corona.
- SOL Southwest Kitchen: All Day Fiesta Celebrate Cinco De Mayo this Saturday at all SOL Charleston locations, the party starts at 12 and will go all day with our $5 Margaritas featuring Exotico Tequila. They are also hosting a complimentary tequila tasting featuring Milagro from 5:30-7 pm.
- Bay Street Biergarten: Derby De Mayo starting at 3 pm, Bay Street Biergarten is throwing the ultimate Derby De Mayo party with live bluegrass music from Dallas Baker & Friends (3 pm - 7 pm). They are also having a Big Hat Contest where the lady with the best hat will win a $25 gift card and a New Belgium Brewing Horse Picking Contest where if you correctly guess the winner of the Derby, you'll be entered to win a custom New Belgium bicycle.
Photo: Getty Images