📍3775 Azaela Drive, North Charleston, SC
⏰Friday - Sunday from 7:00PM
(beginning Friday, May 15, 2020)
The Bend to Kick Off Drive-In Movie Series Beginning Friday, May 15th
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE (Charleston, S.C.) — Entertainment returns to the Lowcountry as The Bend, an event space on the historic Ashley River, will host an ongoing Drive-In Movie Series on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays beginning May 15th.
Each night offers a different theme: Date Night Fridays (selection of classic love stories and romcoms), Family Saturdays (family-friendly movies with a PG or G rating), and Musical Sundays (new and beloved musicals, with costumes encouraged). The series will kick off with showings of "The Proposal (2009)" on Friday, May 15th, and "Grease (1978)" on Sunday, May 17th.
The budget friendly price of $25 per car is geared toward creating an affordable and safe option for a night out. Tickets must be purchased in advance, and will be capped off to ensure the moviegoers’ health and safety.
The Drive-In Movie Series will feature a rotating guest list of local restaurants, and beer and wine for sale. Food orders will be taken in advance and retrieved at a curbside drive-through at the venue. Guests may also dine under the Pavilion at tables set up according to social distancing guidelines. Outside food and drink is allowed, however outside alcohol is not.
According to Susan Pearlstine Norton, owner of The Bend, the drive-in is a chance to serve the community and help local restaurants. “Our goal at The Bend has always been to bring people together. The pandemic has taught us how to do this creatively. I am so thrilled to bring families and friends back out while keeping safe and socially distant - and with a bit of a retro throwback! And what a beautiful setting for a movie - with the screen on the hill, and the Ashley River as a backdrop. We hope this helps people feel a bit normal again.”
The Bend has partnered with Crews Chevrolet and Fox Audio to provide a 30-foot screen and FM transmitter which places the movie’s sound in each car. Guests will be required to honor social distancing guidelines. The Bend’s Facebook and Instagram will be an ongoing source of information for movie selections, food menus, and more. The Bend is located at 3775 Azalea Drive just off Cosgrove Avenue in North Charleston- about 10 minutes from downtown.
📍1956d Maybank Hwy, Charleston, SC 29412
⏰Monday - Sunday from 7:00PM
How It Works:
- Tickets are $28 Per Car Load - Double features every night!
-All tickets and concessions must be purchased online -Tickets will not be available for purchase at the theater.
-Concessions can be purchased at www.terracetheater.com/concessions-ordering (ORDER CONCESSIONS THE DAY OF YOUR SHOW NOT DAYS IN ADVANCE)
- Gates open at 7PM - VERY LIMITED TICKETS
- When you arrive, check in at the front of the building underneath the marquee. A staff member will verify your ticket and direct you to the parking lot, where another staff member will direct you to your parking space. Cars will be parked ONE AT A TIME.
- SUVs, trucks, and other large vehicles will be directed to the back, while smaller cars will be closer to the screen.
-The sound from the movie is transmitted to your vehicle's FM radio. Be sure to set your radio to channel 88.3 FM after parking!
- Concessions must be purchased online before the show(see our concessions ordering page), and can be picked up at check-in.
Sorry, no refills on popcorn or drinks. Concessions will close at 10PM each night.
-Spaces are limited so be sure to book in advance!
-All guests must remain inside their vehicle at all times, except for restroom use. No lawn chairs or tailgating will be allowed. If you leave your vehicle and do not observe social distancing, we will stop the movie and you will be asked to leave.
- Maximum 6 people per car.
- Restrooms are available inside the building. A staff member will be stationed at the door to limit no more than 3 guests inside at a time.
- Shows will play rain or (moon)shine. NO refunds will be given for any tickets or purchased items.
- You must remain in control of your vehicle's headlights and they must remainOFFat all times. If your vehicle's lights do not turn off, you will be required to cover them with black construction paper.
- Must arrive and park before a movie begins or you will not be parked till the first show is over and the lot is open for the following show