CHARLESTON, S.C. (WCSC) - The city of Charleston announced plans Monday to make additional parking garages available for residents to park their cars for free during Hurricane Dorian, city officials said.
The garages that will be available for free parking are:
- Aquarium parking garage (24 Calhoun Street)
- Visitor Center parking garage (63 Mary Street)
- Queen Street parking garage (93 Queen Street)
- Camden/Exchange parking garage (35 John Street)
- Charleston Place parking garage (85 Hasell Street)
- Concord/Cumberland parking garage (1 Cumberland Street)
- East Bay/Prioleau parking garage (25 Prioleau Street)
- Majestic parking garage (211 King Street)
- Marion Square parking garage (399 King Street)
- Midtown parking garage (558 King Street)
- Saint Philip Street parking garage (34 Saint Philip Street)
- 99 West Edge parking garage (99 West Edge Street)
These garages will be free for city residents throughout the storm, city spokesman Jack O’Toole said. Garage openings are for cars only and the offer does not apply to boats or trailers.
The Gaillard Center parking garage is being reserved for emergency personnel.
A full list of city of Charleston garages can be found atwww.charleston-sc.gov/parking-information.
The city of Charleston Citizen Services Desk will be staffed at 9 a.m. Monday to answer citizens’ questions about storm preparations and can be reached at 843-724-7311.
Copyright 2019 WCSC. All rights reserved.