Mary Salter, a grandma from Grafton, Australia, was very confused after her grandson was eating an ice cream sandwich, threw a fit, and mid-fit his ice cream sandwich was launched out of his hand and onto the ground. Mary thought she should just leave it there for the birds, cats, or ants. She realized that not even the ants wanted the sandwich!!
Four days later, after sitting in 75 degree fahrenheit weather, the ice cream sandwich still had not melted!! Mary took to Facebook to share her experience, check out the post and picture of the sandwich below.
When Cole's Ice Cream Sandwiches was asked about the mysterious non-melting sandwich, they put out the following statement, "Our ice cream sandwiches make use of very simple, commonly-used food techniques that help slow the melting process, and allows you to consume it without it falling apart in your hands. This technique includes adding thickener to the cream, creating a honeycomb-like structure which helps to slow the melting process. When the product starts to melt and liquid evaporates, you are left with what appears as foam."