Before you fill your face with Thanksgiving food, you should show some courtesy.
Follow these etiquette rules from What's Cooking America to help make the gathering even better.
- Always pass the salt and pepper together
- Before you even ask for it, taste the food before adding extra seasoning.
- Dinner doesn't start until the hosts unfolds their napkin and places it on their lap
- Cut your meal one piece at a time (you're not a child!)
- Respect the home you are visiting
And the golden rule, no matter how good the food is...chew with your mouth closed and don't hog all of the mac and cheese.
Photo: Getty Images