Thanksgiving Day is this Thursday and you're probably going to be tempted to share some of your delicious food with your furry family member, because after all, you're thankful for them too, right? Before you give Fluffy that spoonful of Grandma's fruitcake, check out the list of foods that you should NOT give your pet this holiday.
- Bones - turkey/ham bones can splinter and become lodged in your pets throat
- Chocolate, caffeine, coffee
- Citrus - Anything that contains citrus like the stem, leaves, peels, fruit, seeds, etc.
- Coconut and coconut oil
- Grapes and raisins
- Milk and dairy
- Onions, garlic, chives
- Raw or undercooked meat and eggs
- Salt and salty snack foods
- Xylitol - used as a sweetener
- Yeast dough
Have you ever given your pet any of the food items listed above? Did it upset your pet's stomach or cause any longterm harm? Do you do anything special for your pets on Thanksgiving, like make them their own special meal?